Christ-Centered Financial Wellness is more than just possible. It is what we are called to be as Christians, which means God has already provided the plan.
I want to show you how to achieve Christ-Centered Financial Wellness. With it, you can experience more joy in giving, begin to feel prosperous regardless of how much money you have, feel more intentional with your finances, and experience a new level of contentment while you build and retain wealth.
When my husband Keith and I got married, we combined everything about our finances. Checking accounts, savings accounts and debt. $191,000 in unsecured debt to be exact! We had every kind of debt imaginable: student loans (including years of interest from deferred loans), IRS debt, 401k loans, credit cards, car loans, personal loans and loans to family and friends. You name it...we had it.
I was completely overwhelmed by the number of debts and the amount of money it was sucking out of our checking account. I had no idea how we would get rid of it. We had made the commitment to become and remain debt free, but I did not know how it would happen. I also had no idea how long it would take. I did not see a way out.
We had no plan.
We had taken a class offered by Crown Financial Ministries and understood why it was important to be debt free from a Christian perspective. But we were struggling with how to do it. I had little hope we would actually get it done.
A year into our marriage, we discovered Dave Ramsey. We read The Total Money Makeover and borrowed the CDs for Financial Peace University from the library. Our education on Christ-Centered Financial Wellness had begun! We just didn't know it yet.
Fast forward five years and we are debt free!!!
We also had a lot of life happen along the way, which delayed our progress. But all of our life happenings (primarily medical bills and car repairs) were also cash flowed. All combined we have paid cash for almost $300,000 of debt and life in the last five years.
Along the way, I discovered:
- How to trust God's plan and exercise patience in the process.
- How to analyze budgets to find ways to make them more efficient.
- How to create a plan for Christ-Centered Financial Wellness.
- The best ways to manage student loan repayment.
- How to find peace in the midst of incredible crisis.
- How great it feels to teach others what I have learned.
Since you're reading this, I'm assuming you are new to our site. Thank you. I know you are here because you want to do a better job experiencing Christ-Center Financial Wellness. So I want to add value to your journey by giving you free tools.
- Read the blog posts on this site. I have found that life makes the best teacher. The posts are about my life as I have discovered God's plan for financial peace. Some will be videos teaching a variety of financial skills. Other posts will be words of encouragement designed to show you are not alone. Still others are designed to challenge your thinking, invite you to think a new thought and perhaps shift your perspective.
- Use the Christ-Centered Financial Wellness Book List as a resource. Keith and I learned early that we had a lot to learn about God and money. Over the years we have compiled a list of books that have enriched our hearts and minds. We read all of these books on our journey to becoming debt free. We found ourselves sharing the list with our Financial Peace University class members and anyone else we meet who wants to experience Christ-Centered Financial Wellness.
- Download the 7-Day Sneak Peek of my upcoming devotional! I'm writing a year-long devotional called Financial Seasons. It is filled with the hope and inspiration I found in the last five years of working our way out of debt. I hope you find it helpful.
Even if you're not a Christian, these principles work. Regardless of your spiritual background, you can benefit from the insight I've discovered.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you again soon.
In the meantime…be well…be encouraged.
Things I Love
- Keith (and the kids!)
- Hot liquid (depends on the day...it could be coffee or tea!)
- Fresh Flowers (specifically tulips, Gerber daisies & succulents)
- Praise and Worship music
- Anything written by Priscilla Shirer
- Prayer time in my favorite chair (with journal, devotional and my hot liquid of the day!)
Lisa Y. Jones (yes the "Y" is important...there are a lot of Lisa Joneses!) is a seasoned entrepreneur who has been inspiring women to thrive for over 20 years. She and her husband Keith have been sharing financial wisdom with those around them for the last five years and have helped over 100 families discover financial freedom through one-on-one consultations and the teaching of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University.
Lisa has the ability to connect with people on a very personal level, inspiring them to have hope and encouraging them to bring about the change they are wanting in their lives. She has the heart of a teacher and engages audiences with laughter and tears.
She challenges her audiences to embrace Christ-Centered Financial Wellness by showcasing Christ’s simple message of hope while removing the confusion most have in dealing with their finances.
Lisa is a renowned public speaker who has shared the stage with many other incredible speakers, including the legendary Brian Tracy.
One of her favorite scriptures is "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything with prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)
Lisa is in the process of writing her first book, a daily devotional called "Financial Seasons." It is her desire to inspire those who read it to discover and maintain Christ-Centered Financial Wellness. She is also working on her first Bible Study entitled “Whatever: An Intimate Look at Philippians 4:8."
Lisa has a Bachelor's degree from Clemson University in Computer Engineering and a Master's degree from Webster University in Information Management. More importantly, she has been a child of Christ since the age of 17.
Statement of Faith
I believe in the power of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19)
I believe that Jesus died so that we could have life and have it everlasting. (John 3:16-17)
I believe that the Holy Spirit is here to comfort those who believe in Jesus. (John 14:16)
I believe that God does not want us to live in debt (Proverbs 22:7)